Warning of a scam from travellerpoint(dot)org. The email asks about arrival and departure dates to Athens and offers a hotel booking form where they ask for credit card details. We have been informed of another FAKE reservation scam, Travel Hosting from the United Kingdom, please IGNORE and block emails from travelhosting.co.uk
Please, ignore the emails and do not reply nor click on any link given by them. You can also block the domain on your email client.
Our official emails are all from this website’s domain “cytokinesociety.org” or “wma.co.at” and our only official contacts are the ones on this page. Avoid giving private information to external sources. If you received emails from travellerpoint (dot) org or any other unsanctioned travel agency, please be careful
All meetings will take place at the Divani Caravel Hotel in central Athens. Getting from the Athens International Airport to the venue:
Overflow hotels near the Divani Caravel:
Airotel Stratos Vassilikos Hotel
The Modernist SOLD OUT now but there are still many hotels and apartments within a 20 minute walk from the Divani Caravel available. When booking, please do a google maps search to see how far away from Divani Caravel Hotel (address: Leof. Vasileos Alexandrou 2) your hotel choice is.
Athens International Airport (AIA) “Eleftherios Venizelos”
Athens International Airport is connected with more than 30 domestic destinations and around 60 European cities. It also hosts more than 15 direct flights overseas to America, Asia and Africa.
For more information, please visit https://aia.gr/traveler/
Getting to the Divani Caravel Hotel
The hotel is conveniently located minutes away from Constitution (Syntagma) square.
Acropolis & Acropolis Museum, Odeon Herodes Atticus, National Garden, Gate of Athens, Hellenic Parliament, Panathenaic Stadium, Zappeion,Monastiraki Flea market,Plaka, Lycabettus Hill.
- Take Attiki Odos following the signs Imittos Ring. Exit right at Katechaki/Mesogion.
- At the end of Katechaki turn left to Kifissias Av.
- Drive all the way down till you meet the National Gallery on your left hand side.
- Turn left to Vas.Alexandrou Av. and aproximately 100m after you will see our hotel on your right hand side.
Please visit the “This is Athens” website for more information to help you plan your visit.
This is Athens Official Video:
The copyright and all intellectual property rights of this video belong to the Athens Development & Destination Management Agency (ADDMA). Reproduction or further use of this video is ONLY allowed to ADDMA’s collaborators, as long as it is not subject to promotion via media spending. Any type or reproduction or use is forbidden without the prior written notice of ADDMA. The reproduction rights are valid for eight (8) months starting from the 1st of May 2023. )
- Metro departs from the airport every 30 minutes from 05.45 am to 23.30 pm. The duration of the trip is 30 minutes. The ticket costs 9 euros. You can use it for 90 minutes from the time you first validated it. The get off station is Evangelismos and then it is a 10 minute walk to our Hotel.
- Bus number E95 leaves approximately every 20 minutes and the drive is about 1 hour (24-hour express buses X95), get off stop is Hilton Hotel and then it is a 7 minute walk to the Divani Caravel Hotwl. Tickets can be bought directly by the driver at no extra cost. The ticket costs 5,50 euros. Service is provided on a non-stop basis seven days a week (24/7 operation). This bus disembarks passengers at the Departures Level and starts its route from the Arrivals Level between Exits 4 and 5.
- Visitors to Athens can choose from a variety of taxi companies for their transportation. Taxis at the airport are available at the designated waiting area located at Exit 3 at the Arrivals Level. A taxi from the airport to the city center costs a flat rate (including luggage, VAT and road tolls) of 35 euros from 5:00 a.m. to midnight, and 49 euros from midnight to 5:00 a.m.
Among the various taxi services available, one of the most popular is ΒΕΑΤ, the No. 1 free taxi call application in Greece. Through the app, you can find the best taxi drivers in Athens, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. BEAT belongs to the family of FREE NOW, the largest ride-hailing application in Europe. Download the App from your device’s store and register with your phone number. Let the application locate you, then choose your destination and press the green button to find a driver. On the map, you can see the car approaching. Board the Beat and enjoy the journey! You can pay easily with card or cash, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with no hidden fees.
UBER exists in Athens as UBER Taxi. You may use the same UBER application as in any other country in the world. The difference is that your driver will come with a yellow car just like any other taxi in the city. If you want to book in advance an UBER to pick you up from the Athens Airport, you may do so here.
Local transportation in Athens
The Athens public transportation network offers a wide range of routes, combining many different means, including the metro.
The Athens Metro system encompasses three lines:
Line 1. Green Line, from the port of Piraeus in the south of Athens to the suburb of Kifissia in the north.
Line 2. Red Line, from Anthoupoli in the northwest to Elliniko in the south.
Line 3. Blue Line, from Agia Marina in the west to either the Airport or Doukissis Plakentias in the northeast.
Lines 1 and 2 meet at Attiki and Omonoia stations. Lines 1 and 3 meet at Monastiraki station. Lines 2 and 3 meet at Syntagma station.
The most common tickets are:
– A regular 90-minute single ticket for all means of public transport (Airport excluded) costs 1,4 €.
– A daily ticket for all means of public transport (Airport excluded) costs 4,5 €.
–A 3-day tourist ticket for all public transport means with 1 two-way ticket for the Airport included is at 20 €.
Taxis offer a 24-hour service and are quite cheap. They can be hailed down on the street or otherwise picked up at taxi stands around major tourist places such as Monastiraki and Syntagma. You can also book a taxi by calling on any of the following numbers: 18222, 18300, 18288 or 18180.
There is a huge network of buses and trolleys (electric buses) that operates in Athens and its suburbs. They usually operate from around 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. approximately. You may have more information on the timetables here. One ticket costs 1,20 euro and can be used for 90 minutes from the time you first validated it. It is virtually the same as the one you use at the metro. This is why it can be bought in special kiosks around town but also inside all Metro Stations.
Other means of transportation
There are more means of transportation that can help every traveler explore Athens, such as: car or motorcycle rental, bicycle or electrical scooter rental, as well as some more touristic choices, like the Hop-On Hop-Off bus and the Happy Train.